Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring in Paris

Spring has arrived! How do we know this? Because it is forecasted to rain everyday for the next week. It is also slowly getting warmer, I've packed away my heavy winter coats and Parisians are venturing beyond wearing only black and gray. Flowers are beginning to bloom and the days are getting longer. My friends and I have begun having lunch in the Luxembourg gardens and Paris in general just seems to have come to life.
Taking advantage of our student passes and copious amounts of free time, I've been visiting all of the main museums/monuments. This past Wednesday we went as a class to the Opera Garnier which was unbelievable. On Thursday afternoon I went to the Musee Carnavalet which is a museum on the history of Paris. It's in a huge house in the Marais that used to be owned by Madame de Sevigne whose letters are the main record of life in the Marais in the 17th century. Then on Saturday I went to see Les Invalides which is the French military museum and Napoleon's tomb. Next on the list is Cafe Procope - the very first cafe in Paris and a favorite of Voltaire, Benjamin Franklin, and Oscar Wilde.
As the weather continues to get nicer and as I love it here more and more I can't help but wonder if there is someway I can stay.

1 comment:

  1. Staying in Paris...for the summer only, I hope?
    I am glad you are doing so well! =]

    ReplyDelete