Monday, February 1, 2010

Pre-Departure

If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.-Ernest Hemingway

Tomorrow I fly to Paris - my home for the next 4-5 months. I have two bags packed, a course list, and a one-way ticket. Packing my brand new Paris moleskin I am fully prepared to wonder the streets writing, sketching, and searching as Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Hugo, and so many others did. Although, of course I will not wonder the streets drunkenly (my parents are most likely reading this blog).

I never did fill out the expectations and goals part of my "pre-departure paperwork" mainly because I have no idea what to expect, and I like that. My goals are just as Hemingway said to be young and in Paris and have that time move with me for the rest of my life. I will of course also learn French. This blog will be filled with my stories from Paris and any other European city that has to endure my presence.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be following your adventures in Paree...Bless you <><

    ReplyDelete